Saturday, April 05, 2014

Crochet Pillow Cover




I had a fun time making this yesterday afternoon and this morning.  It's made with a 12-inch round pillow form that Kate (The Garden Bell) made for me almost two years ago now. She gave me three. I have another 12-inch and also a 16-inch one left. I think I'll make another in different colors...

But not before I finish my Nordic Shawl. My arms are sore from crocheting on it this afternoon. It's amazing how long it takes -- hours upon hours -- but I'm enjoying every stitch. I'm gonna take a break and get a shower and make some dinner. I'm pretty sure I can finish the fancy colored part of the shawl if I can crochet again this evening. Then I'll have just four more rows of the basic color and several rounds of edging left to go. Hopefully I can finish that tomorrow while watching the race. I'm super-duper happy with my colors this time. I can't wait to show y'all.

One of my neighbors has been cooking all day. I can smell it.  First I smelled something sweet, and then I smelled the definite odor of potatoes and onions frying, and now I can smell some sort of meat with green peppers. I have a great sense of smell. I should have been a perfume-smeller-tester person. I'm sure there's a fancy name for a person who does that for a living. (I just looked it up. They're called perfumers.)  I wonder if smell-testers of other things are also called perfumers? (I just looked it up. They're called Odor Testers.) I could do either of those things, except I might vomit if I had to smell a stranger's armpit or worse. Ew.

How the hell did I get on that subject? I guess it's obvious I don't plan out my blog entries ahead of time. Except for the pictures, I don't know ahead of time what I'm going to say. I just start typing.

Anyway, so I'm outta here. I must attend to my life, insignificant as it may be. Everybody needs a bath and supper. Tootle-oo!

10 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

PRETTY feminine pillow, my friend! I am looking forward to seeing your shawl. My daughter made sticky rice with stir-fried chicken, bok choy, scallions with soy sauce and 1/4 cup BBQ sauce! I got a kick out of you smelling your neighbors cooking!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Beca said...

Pretty pillow! good luck with the knitting. I'm a beginner too and just getting past the awkwardness of it all. Keep with it. You'll get it.

Kris said...

Oh Pammy Sue, I am laughing, as usual, when I visit your blog! I can just see you, dashing to look those things up! Oh you do make me laugh!!!!
LOVE the pretty pillow! I so miss our friend Kate's blog and her crochet!
Now, about that Nordic Shawl. I want to make it. I guess I need to buy the pattern from Annette. I looked today forEVER for a shawl pattern I liked. No luck. I like that one. I can't wait to see yours!!!!
XO Kris

Jennifer said...

You're so funny. I have an excellent sense of smell too, and my scent-memory is very keen. I just received yard yesterday in the mail from Jo-Ann to make a Nordic Shawl! I probably won't start it until later on this summer, to wear in the fall/winter. Your pillow is beautiful, nice work!

Chrysalis said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. x

linda said...

Love your pillow Pammy Sue it's very pretty. Can't wait to see the shawl. :)

Lisa said...

I love your pillow and these cute little flowers on the white ground. Lovely.

Lisa

Petunia Pill said...

Oh Pammy! I kinda sorta LOVVVVVVVVE this pillow! It's screaming Spring! And I'm all about Spring right now! Have a good day and enjoy the race and your shawl adventures! Looking forward to its reveal!

Mereknits said...

I can't wait to see your shawl. I love your pillow, boy I miss Kate!
Hugs,
Meredith

susanne said...

Okay, the pillow is pretty and the olfactory is working well in your case. LOL
Susanne :)