Friday, April 11, 2014

Dishrags and a Recipe

Crocheted Dishcloths or Washcloths
100% Cotton
H Hook

Ollie photo-bombed me. 

The green one is my fav.
I hated the color when I bought it.
I just wanted something bright.

You like?
Easter colors on the left of me; Man colors to the right.
I'm stuck in the middle with you.
Ha-ha.

Where's the pattern, you say? It's a freebie! Don't you love it when I say that?  It's HERE, and it's highly addictive.



They're not dead yet.


I made this Lemon-Coconut Bread today.
Recipe from Pinterest.
It sucks.

NOW...PAY ATTENTION.

*ALERT*ALERT*ALERT*

I'm-a-tellin-you-something...

BEST MAC & CHEESE EVER!
I mean it!

Preheat your oven to 350 F.
Spray a casserole dish. Set aside.
Mix in a large bowl:
1 can (15-oz) of sweet corn, do not drain
1 can (15-oz) of creamed corn
3/4 stick of butter or margarine, chunked
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, chunked
2 cups raw elbow macaroni
3/4 cup milk

Stir it all together and pour it in your sprayed dish.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes.
Stir halfway through cooking time.

It's really good with smoked sausage as the main dish.
You will thank me for this one!

Pammy Sue

15 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm heading off to get that dish cloth pattern. I love doing them. Does the macaroni really cook well going in raw? Amazing! Love the crochet lace rock, did you do it? I'm sure you did!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Lynne said...

I love making dishcloths! These are real pretty. Mac and cheese looks yummy too, would have never thought of adding corn.

Dorothy said...

Dishcloths look fantastic - I need to clear some space in my craft room so maybe if I use up some of that peaches n cream that I have in there might help LOL. Good on QOllie - he's looking as handsome as ever and such a cutie too !! I'm going to skip that recipe. It looks very tasty but also a bit fattening which I can't afford at this time. Have a good weekend. xox

Patricia Lewis said...

Gorgeous colours.... :))

Kris said...

Such pretty dishcloths! I have never made them with crochet. I will go get that pattern and give it a whirl.
Love the crochet rock too.
And that mac....whoa...sounds gooooood and easy! Will try it!
Happy Saturday Tootsie Petunia!
xo Kris

Kris said...

Hi again. Back to say I spy a pretty little white capelet in the background of your cake pic. I likey!!!
xo Kris

Jennifer said...

Your dishcloths are great! Thanks for the recipe. I ***love*** Velveeta. I can't even have it in the house, I'll just hack off chunks and eat them all day!

Olga said...

Hi Pammy Sue, your dishrags are fantastic. Great colors. I love the photo with Ollie, so cute.
The lemon-coconut bread looks great, and I think I should try the mac&cheese recipe. I'm sure my five-year-old would love it.

Also, I couldn't find your e-mail to contact you privately. I know you like making baby dresses, so I was going to ask you if you would like to test a baby dress pattern that I recently created.

Enjoy your weekend!

Olga

linda said...

Love them! lovely colour and much too nice for dishcloths, I can see Ollie eyeing them there looks like he's loving them too. The lace covered stone is beautiful! :)

Betsy said...

I'm getting that pattern too. These are beautiful dishcloths. The macaroni and bread look amazing. Yum!!! It's snowing here on us in Montana today!!! Ick. I'm going back to the lake. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Very pretty dishcloths :-) I like the yellow one best. Thanks for the link.
The mac and cheese sounds delicious. When you say "raw" macaroni, do you mean uncooked? I know, stupid question, but I don't cook much. Thanks for sharing :-)

Pammy Sue said...

Yep, don't cook it before adding it to the corn mixture. It'll cook during baking and absorb most of the liquid.

my4lilgirls said...

Love the colours of the dishcloths
Bright and bubbly
Karenx

Mereknits said...

Love that dishcloth pattern, and the bright colors.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

susanne said...

Thank God for stretch pants because mac & cheese is one of my very favorite things. I could eat it all the time, just like pizza, and I have to limit myself because I am not ready for my cardiac arrest yet. Your dishrags are pretty, love the colors. I always love making them. I gave some to my sister-in-laws for a Christmas gift this past winter and they loved them. Thanks for sharing the link for the pattern.
Susanne :)