Monday, April 07, 2014

Never-Ending Nordic

This Nordic Shawl is killing me these last few rows. It seems to take forever! I'm just checking in to whine. Woke up with my right arm throbbing in the middle of the night. I know it's from this damn thing. I swear, the rows are longer than a blanket. At least there are no more color changes. Hep me.

I am determined to finish it.
If my arms hold up, it'll be today.
I think a Dr. Pepper will make me feel better.

************************

I bought these at Walmart yesterday.

I'm developing an obsession with succulents after seeing them on someone else's blog (Coco Rose, I think). There are so many neat ways to plant them. Stay tuned.


While I was taking the picture of my succulents in the window, I captured this little Tabby walking between the houses. I'm pretty sure I know why he's lurking around. Are you SURE you want to know why? It's awful...don't read below if you don't want to know something terrible. I'm still traumatized.

Okay, come a little closer... The dogs killed a tiny little cottontail bunny in the backyard yesterday. They not only killed it, they ripped it completely and cleanly in half! GAH! I felt so horrible. His little bunny eyes were open still and his little tongue was sticking out. Ugh. (Be happy I didn't post a picture.) At least it was quick. I picked up each half of him and placed him in a plastic grocery bag. He's in the big garbage bin in the back driveway. I'm sure the cat can smell him. (I put him in there so his momma wouldn't find him. Boo-hoo!)

I hate it when dogs act like the beasts they are! Never forget. They're ALL beasts when it comes right down to it. None of them are exempt from that fact. Poor little bunny.

Just look at that beast cuddling with his daddy.
In all fairness, it wasn't Fletch that did it (surprisingly).
Although I'm sure he would have given the chance.
It was Eli and Janie.

I gotta go get that Dr. Pepper now.
Bye.

Rest in Peace little bunny.

10 comments:

Denise Briese said...

OMG you are so funny! Poor bunny. I needed a good laugh..Those plants are pretty.I will have to check them out at walmart. Your scaring me with how much this shawl is taking you so long, still cant wait to see it!

Jennifer said...

It's such a jolt when you remember that beloved pets are really beasts. Your little dogs are so cute, it's hard to imagine them doing something so gory but they would all do it if they had the chance. I just finished some Dr. Pepper myself! I'm thinking about making a cup of tea anyway...what I really need is a nap. :)

homeschooljewelrymom said...

Projects that get bigger the longer you work on them drive me crazy, too. Stay with it. I hope your arm feels better soon.
Poor bunny :-( Well, that's life. I've picked up a couple dead birds recently in my back yard that were taken out by my dog. Deep down they're all hunters.

linda said...

Aw poor bunny, it's hard to think our beloved pets could do such a thing, I hope that cat can't get to it. I love succulents too, I went through a phase of collecting them when I lived in Syria, they did very well in the hot climate, they are amazing plants if a piece falls off you can just stick it back in the compost and it takes root. Be prepared for lots of baby plants appearing around the edge too. :)

Betsy said...

I've never had succulents so I'm curious to see shat you do with them. Maybe it will be a fun thing for me to try too?
Horrible story about the poor bunny. I know our animals are, well, animals but I don't like to think about it much.
You tell the story as funny as ut can be told though. :-). Ick!
Hope your arms are better tonight snd you can sleep well.
Blessings,
Betsy

Mereknits said...

Oh that is so terrible, the poor little bunny. Hope you arm feels better today.
Meredith

Dorothy said...

Naughty naughty Eli and Janie - no treats for them for a few hours I hope. Love those little plants you have - they look very healthy too. xox

Lynne said...

I feel your Nordic shawl pain. I thought that thing was never going to end. It will be worth it though.
I see your dogs wanted a bunny of their own for Easter. Poor little bun bun.
Have fun with your plants. My last succulent plant was taken down by my dog. Lack of bunnies I guess :)

Kris said...

Poor Bun Bun!!! Happens here all the time! I hate it!
I don't know how I missed all of these posts!!!
xo Kris

susanne said...

My Chewy killed a bunny when he was just 3 months old. I was working in the back yard and the next thing I knew there was this screaming sound and he had the rabbit. I thought I was going to loose my hand trying to get it away from him. I had to put him in the house just so I could dispose of the body. I never knew that rabbits make any noise, but later found out they have a death scream. I hated that he killed it. It was a terrible sight and sound.
Susanne :(